Phishing scams are cyberattacks that impersonate organizations or people to obtain sensitive information or deploy ransomware. Here are 5 signs that the email you received is likely a phishing scam:
- Asks for sensitive and personal information
- Sense of urgency in the message with the intent to panic the recipient
- Uses a different domain than the company they are impersonating
- includes spelling mistakes or poor grammar
- Uses a generic message, not personalized to the recipient
Keep these identifiers in mind before clicking on links in suspicious emails. Phishing attacks can disrupt a whole organization’s protected data. To keep your organization protected invest in network security and endpoint protection software. Here are a few great brands to choose from.